Friday 15 December 2006

What You Put Energy Into Persists

A young woman called me this week to invite me to a conference. She was from an organisation whose title included the words "Against Fundamentalism". I asked her,

"If you are "against fundamentalism", what are you for?"

"Equality and tolerance," she replied.

I told her that while I appreciated what her organisation stood for, it was my belief that what we put energy into persists. I said that if she had invited me to a meeting to promote equality and tolerance I would have been more interested.

I do not doubt that her organisation will achieve a measure of success. However, imagine how the whole energy of the organisation would change if its focus were to shift as I suggested. I can feel the positive energy surge inside me just thinking about it. However, when I think of fundamentalism and how it has adversely affected women over the years, my emotions are very different.

Mother Teresa refused to support anti-war campaigns. She was very much "pro peace" and, in this capacity, her influence and respect was and still is many years after her death, universal.

Examine situations in your life right now that you consider negative. The chances are you are unwittingly fuelling these situations. You are likely frequently thinking about that particular situation, discussing it with others - even embellishing your story to elicit more sympathy. And then you wonder why you keep getting more of the same.

Time out!

Take a moment to focus instead on what you want. Allow yourself to get really involved with this new image. Imagine yourself living this new situation. Practice this consistently. Practice this daily.

"Great living starts with a picture, held in your imagination, of what you would like to do or be."
Harry Emerson Fosdick, 1878-1969, Minister

You will then be aligning your energy with what you desire and if you persist in doing this, regardless of the initial outer appearances you will be successful.

Remember, you are a creative thinking centre. You become what you think about. Your thoughts create your reality. So be mindful of your thoughts and focus your energy only on what you want in your life.

********************************

Become the Ultimate Goal Achiever! Get your FREE series of 7 reports on aspects goal achievement written by the international best-selling author, Bob Proctor, direct to your inbox. Simply send an email to
goal_achiever@ReportsNetwork.com. Once you subscribe you will immediately receive your first report – Purpose, Vision, Goals. This report alone has been helped thousands of individuals to gain clarity about their lives and has helped them to focus and direct their lives in a more meaningful and fulfilling way. So send off for your FREE reports today.

No comments:

Post a Comment