Wednesday 18 June 2008

Warren Buffett: Rule No. 1 - Never Lose Money

Warren Buffett has two simple rules when it comes to money:

Rule No. 1: Never Lose money.

Rule No. 2: Never forget Rule No. 1.


Well recently, I decided to adopt these rules and this is what happened in short order.

~ My passport was stolen,

~ My credit card was stolen,

~ Cash was stolen from me,

~ I discovered that a company I had been providing a service to was underpaying me, and

~ I discovered that another company that was providing a service was overcharging me.

In other words I was losing money like water draining from a leaky bucket.

The reason why I am sharing this with you is because you may have probably experienced something similar although it may not be related to money. And what I mean is this - often when we set an intention to improve an area of our life the universe will test us. We will probably experience resistance.

I think it is fair to say that I was being sorely tested. Now what happens is that in many cases we become overwhelmed and we give up our intention or goal. Things settle back down to how they were before - well not quite.

You see when we give up an intention or goal that would enable us to grow things can never quite go back to how they were. We start to decline instead. Rot sets in which soon starts to pervade everything we do.

The issues that I outlined above have literally taken hours of my time to resolve and some matters still have not been resolved. Was I frustrated at times? You bet! But I know that by dealing with these issues:

1. I am being taxed mentally because it takes a clear and level head to sort out matters like this,

2. My finances will improve so I will grow in a physical or material sense, and

3. I will also grow spiritually as my energy regarding money becomes clearer and my awareness expands.


So when you set goals or new intentions and suddenly find yourself beset by what appear to be obstacles stand firm and deal with these obstacles. These obstacles are sent to test you and teach you some of your greatest lessons.


No comments:

Post a Comment