Friday 10 August 2007

It's All Good!

For the past few days it has rained every day. A local friend of mine keeps apologizing about the weather and I keep reminding him that it is the rainy season and I expect it to rain. For me it's no big deal. As the saying goes, "It's all good!"

If I'm out and about I seek shelter and if I'm not out and about then what does it matter? The rain helps to cool things down a bit, provides much-needed water for crops and helps to replenish underground water aquifers – the source of the island's water supply.

Life is like the weather - full of ups and downs. We complain about the downs but without them we could not appreciate life's highs. A lesson in life mastery is to b able to see the positive aspects of any situation. When you can achieve this, when you are able to express your gratitude for everything in your life - what you perceive to be good as well as bad - your life will change immeasurably.

So I welcome the rain. It could be worse. It's also hurricane season.

"If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightning."
Kahlil Gibran



No comments:

Post a Comment