Sunday 22 July 2007

Trust Your Intuition

A friend of mine told me that she was suffering from a chronic illness for which the doctors had said she would have to take medication for the rest of her life. She wasn't at all happy about that prospect. I asked her if she had considered visualisation as a form of complementary therapy.

I wasn't proposing that she replace her medication with this technique, although there are many documented cases of how powerful visualisation is in medical situations, but even as I brought the subject up my conscious mind was saying "Visualisation! She tells you she has a serious illness and you talk to her about visualisation." Still, I realised that it was my intuitive self that was guiding me and so I decided to go along with the flow.

There are numerous ways in which one can use visualisation but at the time I was consciously thinking about one particular approach. Yet as I spoke I heard something different come out of my mouth. I let my inner-self do the talking. I spoke to her about an approach that involved using colour.

I asked her to visualise a silk scarf of any colour that took her fancy. I then said to her:

"Imagine this scarf is floating over you. It drapes itself fully over your body and merges with it, seemingly melting into your skin. It feels soft, soothing and calming. As the colour infuses your body feel its power healing your damaged cells and restoring you to full health."

Afterwards, she told me that on another occasion when she was gravely ill she imagined a little man inside her spreading healing colour around her sick body. I was stunned. Somehow my subconscious mind knew what to say, what would resonate with her. I am glad I allowed my intuition to guide my tongue for as Kim Basinger says:

"I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely."

Our inner-self does not have to rely solely on our senses, it has the ability to pick up and process information that we may not otherwise have access to.

Trust your inner-wisdom and the power of your intuition. Doing so can open up a whole new world and lead you to revelations that will help to propel you through life's challenges.

Check out this highly recommended audio CD:

The Power of Intuition by Deepak Chopra & Judith Orloff




No comments:

Post a Comment